The presence of mold infestation, fungi spores, or bacteria in Cherry Hills Village can make people very sick if untreated water damage is not addressed. Water damage must be treated as soon as possible to prevent further damage from occurring. Water damage can cause a number of serious problems if left unattended.
Fungi and mold growth:
When your home is affected by water damage, there is almost a 100% chance that mold will grow in your home. After being exposed to it, it could grow for a period of one to five days. No material can protect from mold spores, regardless of the material it is made from. If you do not take action immediately to eliminate these newly formed bacteria, the consequences can devastate your health.
The presence of neurotoxins in certain types of mold has been linked to severe respiratory ailments in some people. You should immediately remove the area if there is any possibility of mold growing within a reasonable distance of the damage site and make sure to clean up all debris completely, especially air exchange vents (elevator shafts) presumed to be housing additional airborne contaminants.
There is a possibility that bacteria will grow inside of mold if it has been exposed to water for a long time. The bacteria will likely react quickly as the mold grows because their food source has been disturbed. After all, the mold has grown. Several external factors may cause the foundation of a house to weaken due to the amount of water that penetrates the foundation and the length of time spent within the building, causing further structural damage to the house outside the walls.
Water caused by storms or hurricanes can flood a home’s walls, floors, and contents. Several studies have been conducted by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), concluding that 85% of flood victims experience extensive damage to the interior and exterior of their homes due to floods. As well as containing typical destructive elements such as sand, this kind of water can also cause structural damage to the house due to its ability to cut through most materials inside.
Risks to health
When you are dealing with water damage of category 3 or water that has been contaminated, you are putting your health at severe risk. Various diseases can be contracted if you are exposed to dirty water, such as typhoid or dysentery. A person’s brain, lungs, or kidneys may be affected by this and other diseases.
Water contamination can also negatively affect your immune system, which is an essential component of your ability to fight off infections. This condition may also cause a constant fever or headache.
In addition to getting cholera, diarrhea, vomiting, and typhoid fever from contaminated water sources, your drinking water supply can also cause scarlet fever, which causes a rash on the body, as well as mouth sores and other serious health concerns. Finally, let’s not forget leptospirosis: a nasty bacteria that cause acute inflammations, fevers, and jaundice when infected. It is important to understand that if the yellowing of the eyes and skin caused by leptospirosis is not treated, it can cause breathing problems.
Pests that prefer moist environments to your homes, such as cockroaches, silverfish, carpenter ants, and beetles, like water damage. In addition to searching for water, rodents may also invade your home. When there has been water damage inside the house, there are sometimes earwigs and moths that can be seen inside the house. It has also been observed that drain flies prefer moist environments, leaving wet messes everywhere.
Wet insulation and carpeting are among the warning signs that could indicate the presence of a pest infestation. A scratching sound may be heard from inside one of the walls at some point.
Insects can enter buildings through cracks and crevices in windows that have been damaged by flooding, even if you don’t see them initially. This type of situation must be addressed as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage from occurring!
Electric shock is a risk.
Water damage can lead to electricity leaks inside a home due to water damage. It is hard to imagine a wiring system that isn’t affected by water, especially one that is exposed to unknown contents, allowing dangerous sparking and electrical injuries to happen. A leak in your pipes caused by water can also lead to oxidation, leading to a shortage in the wires if a professional electrician does not treat the problem on time.
The homeowner should never attempt any damaged electrical work! You may get an electric shock or even electrocuted when you grab an extension cable with your bare hands and shake it around in all that moisture!
You need to call Water Damage Repair Denver immediately if you have any water damage on your property. Having many years of experience in the building industry, we know how to demolish materials that cannot be repaired to save the materials that would be expensive to replace if they were rebuilt. It is always our goal at Water Damage Repair Denver to respond to any crisis with professionalism and effectiveness, both in the drying and rebuilding processes. Give us a call as soon as possible.